Why Use Massage Therapy
Smooth Transitions Massage Therapy is strongly committed to creating greater health in your body and your horse. Stacey’s goal is to help achieve and maintain your highest potential whether it be in your sport, hobby or daily life.
The benefits of therapeutic touch are numerous and research by the Massage Therapy Journal proves that regular treatments not only relieve the tensions of modern life, but are also beneficial for sufferers of chronic diseases, neurological disorders, and injuries. Modern medicine although a necessity, can be technical and impersonal. Massage can balance this approach by offering a drug-free and non-invasive option based on the body’s natural ability to heal itself.
BENEFITS OF MASSAGE
- Promotes deep relaxation and stress reduction
- Relieves mental fatigue.
- Pumps oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs by increasing circulation.
- Stimulates the bodies defense system by increasing lymph flow.
- Relaxes and softens adhesions in tight, overused muscles and fascia. This will reduce spasms and cramping.
- Helps body prepare for heavy workouts and reduces recovery time.
- range of motion of joints and muscles.
- Releases endorphins the body’s natural pain killers.
- May increase metabolic rate creating an energized feeling.
- Improves muscle tone and aids in preventing muscle atrophy when exercise is not an option.
- Special techniques can reduce post-surgery adhesions and edema and even scar tissue.
- Detoxifies the body of waste products both in the skin and internally, resulting in healthier younger skin and improved internal function.
- Assists with treatment of anxiety sufferers which means less medication, depression and decreased doctors visits.